Community Forum

How do I SIGNIFICANTLY lower my comcast bill?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

How do I SIGNIFICANTLY lower my comcast bill?

I am a senior citizen, retired and on a fixed income.  

I cannot afford to pay $175 per month for TV and Internet (I have triple pay but don't use the phone),

I'm told that if I drop the phone service, my monthly bill will go UP!!

For present services, they will drop the bill (exclusive of taxes, rental fees etc, from 119.99 a month to 109.99 a month...that is the best they can do.  

I've played the game before and Comcast did a miniscule drop ($5 for one monty) then subesequently raised it by $15 !!!!

I GUESS THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ATT UVERSE...DISH or Direct TV.

Competition doesn't bother them.....It better.

Customer DIS-service won't recognize the TV offer of $79.99 for triple play...I can't get around from using thier modem because they have quite suddenly made it impossible to use OTHER modems....I've gone thru three router/modems already....They disable them and make it near impossible to bring them back.

Admin1

Re: How do I SIGNIFICANTLY lower my comcast bill?

HI 1976pjc,

I can help you with that. Send me a Private Message with how significantly you need it to go down and I'll work with you on making that happen.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Frequent Visitor

You have discovered Comcast's dirty secret... they dont want you to have a lower bill.  Their job is to make sure you overpay and keep overpaying for services you dont need or use.

New Poster

we are having the same problem

my wife and i can not afford to pay $160+ a month on cable and internet.

as senior citizens we have to consider if we can still have this bill anymore.

I called today becuase my bill was going up to about $200 and all they could do was bring it down to about $160. THEY say that is all they can do. But we can not afford these prices.

why doesn;t comcast have programs for senior citizens and not just intro programs that just go up later once they have you.

there are not a lot of choices - this is not fair!

can someone please help us and call us and work on a better plan for senior citizens!

Admin1

HI JPinto1 -- I can help with reducing your bill. I received your private message and have responded back with price options. 

New Poster

I'm in the same boat.  Single.  Live alone.  My Internet promo ended and now I'm being asked to pay double for Internet.  I called Comcast and was quoted a new promo rate of $46 a month.  My bill was nearly double that when I received it so I called Comcast back when I thought this was all taken care of.  I was told that no such promo existed and that it had not been applied to my account.  I asked the Customer Service person several times when I called originally to make sure that was truly going to be the rate.  She even asked me to hold on a moment so she could see if there was any better promos and then told me that $46 was the best that could be done.  So, now I guess I will have no Internet or TV.  I have one laptop I rarely use and I strem TV through Netflix.  I can't afford nearly $90 a month for Internet. 

Official Employee

Hi dreamer07, I see that you were repackaged, do you still need assistance?