Community Forum

How Could This Person's Attitude and Impatience Be Considered the Least Bit "Respectful"?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How Could This Person's Attitude and Impatience Be Considered the Least Bit "Respectful"?

An hour, maybe two, ago, I spoke with a Customer Support Representative although I use the title hesitantly. 

I told the man with whom I spoke that my mom's television (second bedroom), as well as my own, were having trouble with connectivity issues. I'd like to point out that I'm always patient when speaking to someone with a difficult accent. Really, it's not their fault that we have trouble understanding them. I DO take issue when a person from a severely patriarchal culture speaks down to me, speaks OVER me and dismisses what I can bring to the problem. 

During my conversation with this man (wish I'd learned his name), he'd ask me questions and then grow distracted when I answered. He'd ask me the same question multiple times and I became increasingly frustrated each time I realized he was basically ignoring me. During that conversation, I noticed that I failed to disconnect the DVR as opposed to the small cable reception box next to the second television (we'd noticed issues on that one far prior to mine). I explained to the CSR (Customer Service Rep) that I was going to try unplugging my DVR box as a Comcast error message advised. I was taking care of this when he began telling me what to do, when I believed I had the problem resolved, which I did. When I tried to explain what I was doing and why what he was saying was irrelevant, he just spoke louder, stringently and faster. I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing, and so I tried to tell him it might be best if he simply returned my call in fifteen minutes to confirm the problem was solved. And somehow, all of it was lost on him and again, he became louder and faster and then I lost my cool and rose my voice, saying if he could just be quiet for now and stop interrupting me, we might get somewhere. I'm extremely unhappy and embarrassed about that and it's not easy for me to admit it in a public forum. He stayed on the phone and when I told him I'd completed the reboot and that the box displayed the word, bo ot, I asked him if he knew what it meant. THEN he just went silent. I know he was being passive aggressive as I've run across that a few times in my life and can recognize what it is and means. So I asked him again (slightly louder) and he retained his silence. At that point, I told him it would be better for him to allow me to talk to someone else. He seemed to forward me to another line, but about ten minutes later, my television clicked on, working, as did the second television. 

I was so mad by the end of all that, I just had to speak up, especially after looking up Xfinity customer service and seeing their horrifying customer service reputation on youtube and other sites.

I don't know what I'll do about all this. In Colorado, there are few alternatives, but if this is the way I can expect to be treated from now on, I'll made do.

Expert

Re: How Could This Person's Attitude and Impatience Be Considered the Least Bit "Respectful&quo

Hi @acappella,

Sorry about your bad experience, that really isn't okay. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: How Could This Person's Attitude and Impatience Be Considered the Least Bit "Respectful"?

Hello acappella. We sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service you encountered. We certainly value your business and never want any customer to feel this way. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to gather more information and attempt to identify this agent so proper coaching can be given. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can begin to search for this interaction. Thank you.