Community Forum

Horrible Handling of a Problem CR756661537

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Horrible Handling of a Problem CR756661537

First, I love Comcast Internet.  Which makes this all the more painful to write.

On Friday 1/12, my wife texted me that the cable lines that are attached from the pole across street to my house had snapped at the pole and were laying in the street.  I immediately called Comcast as I was concerned someone would drive by and get hung up, causing an accident and damaging my home.

Problem 1 1/12:  My call was answered and the individual advised me that a service technician would be at my home on Sunday 1/14.  I asked about the lines being in the street and was advised the technician would be there Sunday.  I had to explain, several times, the wires laying in the street.  Finally, the individual said someone would take care of on Friday.  Sadly, this did not occur as when I got home from work, several hours later, I pulled them off myself.  I would invite Comcast to pull this call as the individual who handled clearly was following "script" and was not hearing the issue after multiple attempts to avoid a larger problem.

Problem 2 1/13:  I get a Robo Call on Saturday, indicating that the problems in my area had been corrected and I may NOT need my service call.  I called customer service back and was told to try to reset my modem as it looks like the problem has been repaired....  I explained to the rep on the phone, I could see the wires still laying in my yard and that the wires had snapped at the pole.  We agreed to keep with the scheduled appointment for Sunday 1/18. 

Problem 3 1/14:  I patiently await the appointment, scheduled for the AM.  No one shows up, no phone call.  I call Comcast at ~11:30 AM EST and was told the technician noted the problem resolved on their end.  I look out my window, wires still on ground.  I advised of the problem again, wires blown off pole.  The individual apologized and credited my account $30.  Thank you for the offer, and I appreciate the thought, just want my internet and you can keep the $30.  At that point, the appoinment was rescheduled for Wednesday 1/17.  Not sure why it noted as "fixed" in system..

Problem 4 1/15:  Two Comast vans parked in my driveway.  Very happy to hear from my wife. No one knocks on the door, line not repaired.  Must be a coincidence that two vans would be sitting in the driveway at a home with a service issue and NOT take any action. 

Problem 5 1/16:  I get another Robo Call indicating that the problem may have been resolved and if I dont need the appointment, I can cancel.  I immediately call Comcast again to confirm tomorrow's appointment.  I am told that the appointment will need to be re-scheduled because the individual that was to come on 1/17 is an "In House" worker and they do not work on the poles.  I am thankful for this Comcast agent, but still upset.  We decide to keep the Wednesday appointment but also add a Thursday appointment for someone to connect at the pole. 

If you will notice, I did not include the impact on NOT having internet.  I will sum it up by saying my wife works remote, I work remote, and have had severe weather the last few days. 

This really is a no brainer service issue.  I simply cannot understand how something as easy as "the wire disconnected from the pole" has evolved to this level. 

Please take some time to review this complaint.

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Horrible Handling of a Problem CR756661537

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Horrible Handling of a Problem CR756661537

Hi rkd7510,  I am showing you are working with our Facebook team with this issue. If this isn't the case please let me know and I can review further for you.

Thank you