Community Forum

Home Visit Service Charge

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Home Visit Service Charge

Re Home Visit Service Charge---I lost service from the Xfinity X1 master bedroom box to that TV after a severe thunder/lightning strike. Modem, TV in living room, and internet were not effected. After 30 minutes on phone with agent and doing everything she said more than four times she passed me to tech support.  I did everything he said (same as what she said) and then he told me to do something I didn't understand--we both tried and tried yet failed to communicate so I could do what he said so I gave up and asked for a tech visit.  Comcast trucks are here everyday--in fact there was one outside my building as we talked. I'm in a 5,500-unit senior living condo with a single Comcast contract.  The tech came on time, fixed the problem, showed me what to do if it happened again and was gone in 5 minutes. He was great.  I Just got a bill for $60 for a home visit. No one told me there would be a charge and I couldn't find any mention of home visit charges on your website. Further, during contract negotiations no one ever told us about such charges. I'm 83 and on a very tight budget.   Had I known there would be a charge. I would have asked a neighbor to talk to tech support for me.  I can't afford it. 

Official Employee

Re: Home Visit Service Charge

Hello judithinflorida. I can assist with reviewing your recent tech visit and charge that was applied to your account. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!