Community Forum

Hit and Run by comcast driver

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Hit and Run by comcast driver

Hello Comcast

This is to report a hit and run by an xfinity truck driver in San Jose on Norwalk Dr on Dec 30th. My car was parked on the street and comcast xfinity truck driver who was entering the community hit the car as he was turning in. He immediately turned around and left the scene. Luckily we have an eyewitness who saw the incident but he didnt capture the license plate. However, we may have found some video tapes that can only be reviewed by law enforcement. I want to give comcast an oppurtunity to see if they come forward and accept the fault and give us the insurance details before we report to the local police.

Expert

Re: Hit and Run by comcast driver

greasemonkey wrote:

Hello Comcast

This is to report a hit and run by an xfinity truck driver in San Jose on Norwalk Dr on Dec 30th. My car was parked on the street and comcast xfinity truck driver who was entering the community hit the car as he was turning in. He immediately turned around and left the scene. Luckily we have an eyewitness who saw the incident but he didnt capture the license plate. However, we may have found some video tapes that can only be reviewed by law enforcement. I want to give comcast an oppurtunity to see if they come forward and accept the fault and give us the insurance details before we report to the local police.

You need to report it to the police anyway, and should have at the time that this took place.  Well, the eye witness should have reported it right away.  I doubt that Comcast will do anything until a police report is filed.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Admin1

Hi greasemonkey -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will have this report sent over to local tech ops for review, though we may need the law enforcement footage in order to identify the vehicle, since identifying information was not captured by anyone, and confirm this incident took place. Tech ops will want to speak with you directly about this incident. Can you PM me your name and best contact information please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Admin1

greasemonkey -- Following up on your hit and run claim. Thank you for working with our damage claim team in regards to this incident. We have conducted an investigation into this however more information is needed. We have not been able to find damage to any of our vehicles or any contractor vehicles. We did have one vehicle in the area during the time reported however this vehicle does not have any damage on it.

We were able to speak with the eyewitness however they were unable to provide an identifying information about the vehicle or driver. As you mentioned, the police may be able to assist with showing you the security footage of what happen. We would need you to review this footage and provide a police report from that footage in order to move your claim forward. At this time we are unable to move forward with your claim due to lack of information or evidence that this was caused by a Comcast driver or contractor.