Community Forum

Here's the e-mail I just sent comcast. This is just absurd.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Here's the e-mail I just sent comcast. This is just absurd.

(edited to remove some account info):

2 weeks ago, I bought a modem from <seller>.  The modem is <removed>.  It arrives, and I call Comcast (Call1). After 30 minutes, the agent tells me that the modem is still on the old account, and they can't do anything until the original owner calls in and removes it from their account.  So I relay this message to <seller>., and he e-mails me back saying that he did that before selling the modem, and did call in again (C2) after receiving my e-mail, and had the agent confirm the modem is not on his account.  So I call Comcast again (C3), trying to again get it activated.  Again they can't, as it's still on the old system, but they will relay to another team (because west coast / east coast?!) and I should hear back within 48 hours.  I wait, and I wait some more. 3 days go by, I call again (C4). Still on the old account, no idea why anyone was supposed to call me back, and nothing they can do again, until the modem is removed from the old account, and it's MY responsibility to reach the original owner and get this done.  So, instead of calling, this time <seller> chats online with Comcast (C5), and the agent CONFIRMS the modem is not on the account. (see attached screenshot!).  I call again (C6) and of course, the agent tells me it's still not able to be added because it's on the old account. So I now try online support via chat (C7), and this time the agent tells me the modem is marked as LOST EQUIPMENT.  Someone's personal property, NOT comcast-equipment is "LOST" in your system.  And now I have to go to the store (let's call that C8) to get anything one.  I'm sure that when I get to the store tomorrow, there will be a while new story someone tells me about why they are trying their best and are really sorry but it's not uner their control.

Seriously Comcast, what is going on with your system that different agents can't see the same data (an agent told me, "Oh I'm on the west coast, I can't access the east coast system, and even if my supervisor calls the system sees the phone number and does not route to east coast"), and that despite having proof that I bought and paid for the device, I still can't add it to my account?  How about I don't pay my bill this month because I'll be on the east coast, and I can't access my west coast account?  

Expert

Re: Here's the e-mail I just sent comcast. This is just absurd.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yea guess what, the store has no idea about how to do anything with a "lost" device, and all they could do is rent me a new modem.  And of course their system also shows it's still on the old account. useless.

Seriously, what an absolute waste of time.  

New Poster

Finally, I'm being told the modem was reported as lost/stolen on the old account and can never be used on the comcast system again. But the previous owner tells says they were on the phone with Comcast and were told the modem's fine, status is not active on any account, and good to use. Whatever. Tired of the back and forth, cancelling this account and calling it a day. Will go work with a company who doesn't contradict itself