Community Forum

Help with account?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Help with account?

For about a year, year and half I have been calling to try and change my package. I am unable to manage the package through my account, when I try I get an error message that something happened and to call a 1-800 number.

Calls to that 1-800 number and the regular support number have resulted in frustration for me. The average call lasts 30 minutes to an hour with lengthy hold times and or transfers to departments that I am unable to reach because they are closed for the day.

I am not satisfied with the level of service I have received and the time I have put in just to get an answer on why my package can not be changed to a new promotion bundle which is less expensive and not over loaded with options I do not use. I do not recall any paperwork saying this is the package I was locked into for life or until I canceled. Which by the way, seems to be the popular answer, if I am not happy with the service, cancel and wait 3 months.

If my mobile vendor did that, I would be looking for a new vendor.

I would like to know if other people who have had no success through phone support, if they had luck with their local office by going in face to face, or have they had to resort to more drastic measures like contacting the local franchising authority rep or the state AG office for assistance?

Contributor

Re: Help with account?

I was passed to SEVEN different people yesterday and hung up on once. 

And it all started because they wanted to make an extra $10/month for a modem fee rental for equipment I don't have for a service I don't want (comcast phone). When I tried to go down to Double-Play w/out the phone... guess what? Same price as the Triple Play! When I tried to go to internet only, I was promised things by second-tier (lied to, basically). When I finally took their price of $80/month (when there's a promo for $50/month) they said it would switch over at midnight. Guess what? It didn't. Now I have to waste another hour or two to call them and get this taken care of correctly. This is nuts. 

>>contacting the local franchising authority rep or the state AG office for assistance?

Can you tell me more about this option? Maybe we can band together... 

Official Employee

Hi MrJM01, I can assist going over current promotions with you. Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi TiredCustomer42, I am showing ComcastElla is currently assisting you.

Thank you