Community Forum

Help lowering the cost of my monthly bill

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Help lowering the cost of my monthly bill

Good morning,

To start, I have been with Comcast since April of 2008.  I have not had any problems with service over this period.  When I did have to call about issues, which was not frequent, they were promptly handled to my satisfaction.  The only issue I have now is my monthly bill.  It has gone up over the years, and while I don't expect to get the same promotional deal as a new customer, I am hoping to lower the cost of my bill considerably.  My wife is currently not working and I need to either get a more affordable package/promotion, or I will have to cancel service and go with Fios.  I currently have HD Premier XF Triple Play, but am willing to downgrade if necessary.

I spoke with a rep this morning on the phone, and while she was nice, she only offered to lower my bill to what the cost was the prior month, which was about a 25 dollar difference.  She did not discuss other packages and told me they would only be more expensive then what I currently have, which did not make sense to me.  Unfortunately, I need the cost to be about 60 dollars cheaper (after taxes) than what I am currently paying to be able to afford it on our budget. I will need to have the same internet (200 Mbps), for work purposes when I remote in, and I would like to keep my DVR, without being charged a rental fee, if possible.  

I am interested in what, if anything could be done to help me, as the lady I spoke with did not offer any other discounts or insight into downgraded packages that might get me to where I need to be from a cost perspective.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Help lowering the cost of my monthly bill

Absolutely Amazing,  This is the exact same answers I received when  I called and asked for help lowering my bill.  What was suggested by the representative & implemented was to do away with all my premium channels ( which are usually included in the package I was signed up for at a discounted rate of $165.)  I am still without the premium channels and am now paying a whopping $185 PLUS each month it goes up1 or 2 dollars.  This is sure no  way to treat loyal customers,

Regular Visitor

I am guessing no employees from Comcast want to reach out to me to discuss my bill on this forum.  This is very disappointing as I see others had been contacted and provided with solutions, assistance, etc.  While I understand there are tons of similar posts, I would think there would be at least one Comcast employee that had come across this post in the past few days that might help.

I plan to call the retention department on Sunday, one last time, to see if anything can be done to help me lower my bill.  This is very frustrating, as I have been happy with my service up until now. 

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you