Community Forum

Having 2 accounts temporarily

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Having 2 accounts temporarily

I chatted with customer support this evening in regards to making an appt for my new residence. I'm not ready to stop service at my current address since we are in the process of working on the new house before fully moving in. I want to have tv and internet there now so it can used while we are there working. I was told I can't start service at a new address without stopping it at my current residence. I explained I wanted a tech to come out with new equipment and do the install asap and that I would return my old equipment once we moved. I don't understand why I can't service at both places. I also don't want to just transfer service and install myself because when I did that years ago, I was informed after I was without cable and internet that my place wasn't set up. I had to wait over a week for someone to come out and install. I want to avoid that hassle this time around. Please tell me what my options are for getting service and an appt.