Community Forum

Have X1 Preferred Triple Play, but don't have any X1 equiptment?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Have X1 Preferred Triple Play, but don't have any X1 equiptment?

This may be a dumb question, but I'm very new to Comcast service and recently acquired X1 Preferred Triple Play (the $175/mo package). I was under the impression that I would be getting the "X1 Platform Experience", as the name of my package suggests...but the equiptment that the installation guy came and hooked up is the RNG150N box, with the legacy i-Guide interface. So my question is, was I meant to recieve X1 equiptment, or do I need to upgrade the set-top box separately?

Expert

Re: Have X1 Preferred Triple Play, but don't have any X1 equiptment?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

exerevnitis863, You should have been given the X1 box--the X1 box can be used with most packages now. The RNG150 can be used with most X1 packages too, though. Sounds like an error on our end. You can swap your box at a local service center or I can send you one. Let me know which you prefer. 

New Poster

Hi! Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate the help. I have a local service center here in my town, so I will just go in person to exchange the box. Thanks again!