Community Forum

Hard enquiry on account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Hard enquiry on account

Hello,
I was checking my Equifax credit report and it shows that Comcast did a hard inquiry on my credit. To my knowledge when I signed up the representative did not advise me that there would be a hard inquiry or else I wouldn't have signed up. The representative has violated. I now need this corrected and removed from my credit report immediately. I was never told that a hard credit inquiry would be required to obtain service and I don't see why they needed to do a hard pull Regardless of their reasons I want that hard inquiry removed. As It has harmed it me to have higher interest rates. This has impacted me in a number score because of the reflection of this hard inquiry.
Official Employee

Re: Hard enquiry on account

Hi, Reddy1 - I can submit a request to mask your credit inquiry. Please send me a private message and include the following information:

- Your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account.
- The exact date of the inquiry on the credit report
- The name and address that listed on the credit report
- The screenshot of the report if possible. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Hard enquiry on account

Hi, Reddy1! I submitted a request to mask your request. As soon as I get a reply - I will let you know. Have a wonderful day!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!