Community Forum

HD Technology fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

HD Technology fee

I received a letter in the mail about a potential charge HD technology fee and I called customer service right away because I have a standard cable box.  The letter listed the items which would cause the fee to be charged and I none of those (no DVR etc).  The person I spoke to told me to disregard the letter because I have no HD services and they didn't see any adjustments being made to my account.  I have a very old cable box and he told me that if I wanted HD tv that I would need to switch the box out.  I said I was fine with the box that I currently had since I don’t even have a HD tv.  Now I get my bill and I’m being charged $9.95 a month for a HD Technology fee.  I tried to call customer service several times and they keep insisting that I have a HD Box.  I don’t.  The box is from 2010!  Could someone please help me with this issue?

Admin1

Re: HD Technology fee

Hi butters22 -- I can help explain why you have that HD charge. The box you have is HD capable. As long as you have an HD capable box, you would be charged for HD service. If you wish to avoid this charge then you would need to exchange this box for one that is not HD capable. I can have one shipped to you or you can an exchange at the below locations:

505 North Main St

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

1202 Long Beach Blvd

Ship Bottom, NJ 08008

Expert
Moved:

Re: HD Technology fee

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [spamming the forum]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Expert