Community Forum

HD TECHNOLOGY FEE

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

HD TECHNOLOGY FEE

Because I have requested (more than once) that the stupid Hd fee be removed from my bill by phone, I decided to make the changes myself online. I was able to remove my premium channel via the website, but my online acct doesn't even reflect the fact that I am paying that totally unecessary $10 each month to watch tv in hd. However, my physical bill shows that I am paying for it. Why is that? I feel Comcast owes me credit for continuing to charge me for this when I have asked that it be removed more than once. 

Regular Contributor

Re: HD TECHNOLOGY FEE

Do you have HD cable right ? If so the HD TECHNOLOGY FEE can not be removed it’s too recover coast  and every one has too pay it  

now if you don’t have HD cable then yes I don’t see why not the fee can’t be removed 

New Poster

The fee can be removed, as i wasnt charged for it before. Cust svc added it free for a month, and that was about 6 months ago. So i know i

t can be removed.

Expert

@AKR3 wrote:

Because I have requested (more than once) that the stupid Hd fee be removed from my bill by phone, I decided to make the changes myself online. I was able to remove my premium channel via the website, but my online acct doesn't even reflect the fact that I am paying that totally unecessary $10 each month to watch tv in hd. However, my physical bill shows that I am paying for it. Why is that? I feel Comcast owes me credit for continuing to charge me for this when I have asked that it be removed more than once. 

Do you still have a HD cable-box? You will be charged the HD fee as long as you have the box. Exchange the box for the older SD cable-box.

You will have no access to any HD programing at that point., unless you use an antenna for "over the air" channels.

It should be noted that in some service areas the HD fee was not added to some accounts by mistake. They can't retroactively bill for their error, but can start charging when the error was found.

New Poster

Sorry, but this information is not relevant to my situation. Maybe I am describing my charge incorrectly. About 6 mos ago, I contacted customer service via chat to inquire why I wasn't able to watch certain shows via on demand, and they told me it was because I didn't have the hd svc added for $10 a month. They added it for free, then adv after 30 days I would be charged $10 a month, and with it I would be able to view shows in hd. I could watch them before via on demand, but wasn't getting the option to watch in hd, only sd. This is the charge I want removed, and after it was added, I was no longer able to remove it via my online acct, yet my physical bill shows I'm being charged for it. I guess I will have to call in one more time to see if I can get people to actually do their jobs. At this point I am just fed up and sure this will be my last contract with comcast, there are way too many issues including customer service and way too expensive for what I am getting (or not getting).

Expert

@AKR3 wrote:

Sorry, but this information is not relevant to my situation. Maybe I am describing my charge incorrectly. About 6 mos ago, I contacted customer service via chat to inquire why I wasn't able to watch certain shows via on demand, and they told me it was because I didn't have the hd svc added for $10 a month. They added it for free, then adv after 30 days I would be charged $10 a month, and with it I would be able to view shows in hd. I could watch them before via on demand, but wasn't getting the option to watch in hd, only sd. This is the charge I want removed, and after it was added, I was no longer able to remove it via my online acct, yet my physical bill shows I'm being charged for it. I guess I will have to call in one more time to see if I can get people to actually do their jobs. At this point I am just fed up and sure this will be my last contract with comcast, there are way too many issues including customer service and way too expensive for what I am getting (or not getting).

If you want to continue watching shows in HD you will be charged that fee.  If you want to watch shows in SD HD can be removed and you'll no longer have that fee.  You were given one complimentary month.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.