Community Forum

Going down to just internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Going down to just internet

I have tried on several occasions to go down to an internet only package but the people on the phone always say that isn't possible. I know that it is because I have a friend one street over that is on an internet only package. What do I have to say to get internet only?
Regular Contributor

Re: Going down to just internet

It is absolutely possible and simply requires you to be insistent, as in "I want stand alone broadband!" Decide which speed you need: https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15643. and just don't take no for an answer.

No one can make you buy services that you neither want or need, not even ComcastSmiley Happy

I suddenly remember that when I did it in 2011 I had to threaten to  leave, but everyone is cutting the cord nowadays so I think it's not such a big a deal and won't require any dramatics. I don't game or have more than a few movies/shows streaming at the same time so I get by just fine with Performance Starter (Your Mileage May Differ).

Official Employee

Re: Going down to just internet

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.