Community Forum

Going back to old plan within 30 days of upgrade trial

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Going back to old plan within 30 days of upgrade trial

Took advantage of a Comcast mailer and got a great deal on a mid-speed Internet connection.  Wife complained that her school website was slow and just so happens the very next day I get a cold call offering to more than double my speed (and bundle TV) so decided to give it the 30-day trial as I was told I could go back.  Don’t really have much time to watch TV and turns out was probably just a slow web server and not my old comcast speed so want to go back to my previous speed and price but am now told that deal is no longer available.  Isn't there a code somewhere to revert to your old pre-upgrade deal within 30 days even if that is no longer an active promotion? Customer service did offer to put me on the bottom speed (1/4th my pre-upgrade speed) for the same price but of course I really want to go back to the great deal I had before the upgrade rather than way slower.

Official Employee

Re: Going back to old plan within 30 days of upgrade trial

Hi CornNut1, 

Unfortunately, there is no way to get an offer back once it has expired and is no longer available in the system. However, I'd be more than happy to review your account to see if I am able to locate a better offer with the speeds you prefer.  Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Got to my last day of 30 day "trial" (wish upsell caller hadn't inacuratly told me I could go back) so had to call in and very disapointed that couldn't at least go back to 1/3 my original speed at the same price with a month to month since they couldn't go back to my original one year commit deal.  With the month to month rate I'm now paying 66% more for 33% the speed of my original commit.  Moral of the story, if you have a great deal don't agree to try an upgrade.  Don't suppose Comcast targets offers they want out of for upgrade calls?  To top it all off I think with the speed change they dropped my 2nd ip address so I might need to start over on getting that set up again.

Official Employee

Hey CornNut1, 

I think I located a better offer. I am about to be replying to your private message with more details of what I have available that will lower the current rate. I can look into the issue with your second IP address. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Sounds like ComcastChe is going to be able to get me much closer to my previous expired offer than the phone tech who apparently accidently also removed my 2nd IP address service.  Thanks ComcastChe!

And I'm sure Comcast doesn't regret their expired offers.  Probably just makes sense for the lowest bills to be top of the list for upgrade offer calls.  Hopefully those telemarketers can stop saying you can go back within 30 days though.

Official Employee

You're welcome CornNut1! I've sent the link for your new promotion and IP Address. Please check and reply to your private message so we can get everything finalized for you. Chat with you soon.