Community Forum

Getting charged for a tech visit, when the problem was with Comcast equipment

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Getting charged for a tech visit, when the problem was with Comcast equipment

I signed up for Internet Essentials and bought a $149.00 refurbished computer from Comcast. The modem they originally sent me was an "End of Life" modem and I had to ask for a replacement. They then charged me $10 for shipping the new modem. Then, I STILL couldn't access the internet. I asked for a tech visit, and on the first scheduled appointment, no tech showed up. Customer Service said their records showed no sceduled appointment (despite the original conversation being RECORDED). A week later, a tech finally came out, only to tell me the problem was with my computer (PURCHASED from COMCAST), and not the signal. He said he couldn't fix it. I had to pay $16 to mail the computer to TEXAS for service. Now Comast is charging me $39.95 for the tech visit, even though the guy did NOTHING, and the problem was with the crummy refurbished computer. Why do I have to pay that???