Community Forum

Frustrated

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Frustrated

I am a customer of Comcast.     I initially signed up for a bundle package, I believe a Sports Bundle, that included Internet, Cable, and a Phone.   I explained to them when I purchased the service that I do not watch sports or have need of a phone, but they said this was the best plan for the money at the time.    They said I could change it any time.     The two years passed, and as expected the bill went up significantly as the promotional rate had expired.    I contacted the Comcast Call Center to reduce my channels and plan, to put it back in line with what I was paying, as I never used the telephone, watched any sports, no premium channels, etc.   My television watching is basically 4 or 5 of the same channels over the course of a year.   The customer service representative politely explained to me that to keep those 4 or 5 channels with the Internet Speed I currently had, I would only save $10, but lose a lot of channels (which I didn’t mind, as I don’t watch them anyway).   Really, $10? 

So, this representative listened to my needs and suggested that I just cancel the Comcast Account and have someone else in the house open a new one to get a new promotional rate, which put me back down to where I am comfortable paying.   I am not comfortable putting an account in my sons name, or having to disconnect services to wait for a new reinstallation.    He then suggested that I change my plan to internet only, or cancel altogether,  and “$uck it up” for 30 days or so, and then sign on to a new promotional deal.   Again, not wanting the hassle of disconnecting and reconnecting.   He connected me to either his supervisor or a sustainability person that could possibly help me to lower my bill.    She was able to lower it a little bit more, but the cost savings was still similar to what the first gentleman had offered me.   I decided to just deal with it and figure something else out. 

Today, I decided to just cancel the cable and phone from my plan, only to find out it really doesn’t save me that much either.   Now, I either have to play the new installation game every two years, or find another Cable/ISP that services my area.   Why do you have to overcomplicate things?    The call center was able to offer me some things, but told me I’d be better off talking to someone else because they had better things to offer.  When I spoke to them, they told me that I’d be better off cancelling and calling a residential Comcast salesman that has the best prices.   I just want cable and internet at an affordable price.  

I have been using a live streaming service to watch the few channels that I do watch.  Now, sadly, I must start looking for a new Internet Provider too.

Insult to injury.....there is no Customer Service email, so I'm posting on a forum that will likely go unread.  

Official Employee

Re: Frustrated

Hello Ranger55. We're sorry to hear this transaction did not go smoothly for you. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.