Community Forum

Frustrated over big jump in cable bill

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Frustrated over big jump in cable bill

I've been a Comcast customer for decades, but recently was shocked by a 2X increase in my bill!!

I called to see what could be done to bring my bill back to something reasonable and was unbelievably frustrated by the response I received, which was that I could lose most of my tv channels and still pay way more!

Oh, and I was told that Comcast doesn't support cable cards anymore, so I'd lose my TiVo as well.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Frustrated over big jump in cable bill

Krakem wrote: ... Oh, and I was told that Comcast doesn't support cable cards anymore, so I'd lose my TiVo as well.

That's incorrect. FCC Rules require Comcast to supply and support CableCards: For reference the FCC rule is 47 CFR 76.1205b (see https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/76.1205).

Also see https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/about-cablecards/.

Official Employee

Hi Krakem, apologies for your frustrations when calling in, I can assist going over current promotions with you and see if there is a way to save you monthly.  Could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Also, I can confirm that Cable Cards are still supported with Comcast

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Thanks for confirming that cable cards still work - someone needs to tell that to the CSR team since they told me that they were "grandfathered in" and that if I decided to discontinue with Comcast I couldn't use Tivo in the future.  Rather dishonest statement I'd say.

I will private message you on my crazy high cable bill.

Regular Visitor

Sent private message.  Got no reply.

New Poster

Check out Toast.net

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [one word post; using all caps]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Official Employee

Hi Krakem, 

I was unable to locate a private message from you. If you still need assistance, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.