Community Forum

Frustrated by billing for service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Frustrated by billing for service

I don't know why Xfinity can't get it's act together. We had an issue with our internet connection being slow. I contacted support, they ran a bunch of tests and said they needed to send somebody out. I wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to have a charge and they said I wouldn't be charged. 

Then I found out from a neighbor in our condo building that they also had an issue and that their service was coming out a day sooner than mine. I contacted Xfinity and said, "shouldn't we wait, just in case they fix the issue."  They said to keep the appointment and assured me again I would not be charged.

It turns out that there was an issue with the way the service was working the building that was addressed by switching out some equipment. A service tech still showed up, he was really nice and give me a tip about configuring the Xfinity modem to send the full signal to my wifi router and when I did it gave me a significantly stronger signal than when I used the Xfinity router for the wifi.

So sure enough, I was charged $70 on my next bill. I contacted support and when through all the drill so that they promised I would get a credit on my next bill.  I did not get a credit on my next bill. So I contact them again and get a response saying they could see the error and would post the credit within 48 hours.  I just checked and I got a credit for $35, not the $70.

I wish I could chare Xfinity by the hour for the time it takes to fix their errors.

Official Employee

Re: Frustrated by billing for service

Hi nancy34. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can review your account for the credits applied for this technician visit. We'd like to make it right. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.