Community Forum

Frustrated beyond description

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Frustrated beyond description

I can't express how disappointed and frustrated I am.

To make a long story short: Both the sales rep at the local store and the person on your live chat told me that your installer would run coax and Ethernet cable through walls to replace existing wireless tv boxes and run an Ethernet cable to the second floor. So I bought a high performance modem and router (Comcast-approved, DOCSIS 3.1, discussed with Comcast live chat) to work with the 200 mbps service I was buying. When the installer got here, he told me he could not run cables through walls, but he had wireless boxes that he could use. Only I wouldn't be able to use my new modem and router. So he left and I was left to figure out whether to get an electrician to run wires with additional expense, or keep my existing Frontier service and return the new modem and router. I decided to return the modem and router and use the Comcast gateway and wireless boxes - as long as I could use the relatively-high-performance Technicolor/Cisco Gateway that the store's sales rep had told me they would use, and get the 4K DVR box that I was told was also available now. So after a while waiting for the local store to email or call me, I ended up calling Comcast customer service and explaining the situation. The phone rep promised me that she would get the Technicolor DPC3941Tv3 gateway and the XG1v4 4K DVR box installed (her boyfriend "installs them in my state all the time"). She also told me my original order had been canceled earlier that day (I hadn't canceled it.), that the free Showtime I was promised wasn't really offered and wouldn't be, that the $29 installation charge was really $59, but she would waive that, and that Blast internet was $5 more per month now. I scheduled installation for 2 days later, today - Dec 28. For the second time, I got everything ready and out of the way to make installation easy. The installer arrived on time but did not have the Technicolor DPC3941Tv3 gateway or the XG1v4 DVR box with him. He told me that he could have brought the Technicolor gateway if he was asked to, but it wasn't in the notes. He also told me he could not say when the 4K box would be available. I told him I would cancel the order, but I bundled the xfinity mobile phone deal with this. I had ordered an iPhoneX with the TV and internet and justified the purchase with the $500 Visa gift card that went with the bundle. The phone is here, still in the box. I am at wit's end about what to do next. I would like Comcast service, but I'm tired of being misled.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Frustrated beyond description

Please delete.

Official Employee

Hello @m_vendetto.

Please clarify if you would like this entire thread deleted?

If you need any support with your account or services, please let me know, I can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I would like this entire thread deleted. Thank you.