Community Forum

Fraudulent accounts

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Fraudulent accounts

I have been a Comcast customer for a while now. I just got a notification from the credit bureaus that Comcast sent 3 accounts tied to my SS# into collections. Something is really wrong here!! How can 3 accounts be setup using my SS# and 3 diffeent addresses? I now have to take all these steps to have these items removed from my credit history becuase it killed my credit score. I am considering litigation due to the fact I don't know what this has cost me on the back end. To me it seems like an inside job within Comcast themself. They are doing alot of mishandling of its customer's personal info

Contributor

Re: Fraudulent accounts

I had something like that happen when I was with ATT. But my letter came and it said my account was flagged for fraud. So I called the number on the letter and after having to send them pics of licence and a little bit of paper work we discovered it was meant to be for someone in another state but with the same name. Talk about freaked out! And then having to call the top notch security department to ask about it was torture just thinking about it.. But at least in the long run It was taken care of. The only part I was upset about was that my internet and phone was shut off during the investigation period..
Official Employee

Hello, have you called the Comcast Security Department? 

• CSA Toll-Free Number: 1-888-565-4329
Contributor

I meant it happened when I was with AT&T.

But I did send information to your security team but haven't heard back yet about a attack they said happened on my network.
Official Employee

Thank you, let me see if there is an update for you. Can I reach back to you tomorrow? 

Contributor

I just seen this message. Yes, I would love if you could get a update on that. I asked in the email I sent them if they could email me to let him know he got my email. But I never heard back.
Official Employee

@robertburns2015 - I see that my colleague ComcastJoe is assisting in a private messaging. We are all part of the Community Team and all of us have an identical access. Please reply to Joe's PM and feel free to ask him any questions you have,