Community Forum

Fraud and Mishandling of PPI

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Fraud and Mishandling of PPI

Dear Comcast Customer Service:

Once upon a time I had basic internet on a month to month contract because you were the only service provider available and I hadn't yet learned how to tether to a mobile connection with better results.

It went well enough for a couple years--bills arrived and I paid them, until one month a paper bill didn't show. It with the following month's bill and a $10 fee, which I called to complain about. The snark from your rep was "why don't you download the app", and I off course explained that I have no idea what my account number was without the paper bill. It would sit on the counter until paid--the reward for successful adulting is of course, a clean counter. After making it clear that I did indeed want a paper bill, I went back about my business. (And why would anyone download an app from people who can't get snail mail correct, eh?)

Of course the very next month, no bill was sent. It came a month late with another $10 fee. So I called and cancelled and paid the two months I owed.

I'm not sure what's cuter--that since then, a fraudulent $50 cancellation fee has been added to the account, or that rather than send me THAT bill, you instead sent it to a third party collection service, "Diversified Consulting Inc.".  As often as they call me (seven times in the last week), I promise I'll call your hotline to inquire at length about services I will never buy, because I will never give another red cent to your company or anyone using your name.

I am curious to know how that works--did they pay you or do you pay them? Do you split the baby when your former customers pay for fraudulent ETF charges?  Exactly how much did you sell my phone number and social security number for?  I mean, realizing it's bad debt and that you couldn't collect on it (didn't even try, apparently), I'm sure it was less than $50. If that's all my PPI was worth to you, I'm truly relieved to be with Frontier.

Thanks,
Former customer 6946

Expert

Re: Fraud and Mishandling of PPI

If you don't pay your bill on time you get hit with a late fee. "I didn't get a paper bill" isn't a legitimate excuse to not pay your bills. And yes, if you break a legal contract, you have to deal with the consequences. You're complaining about Comcast here, but everything that happened to you is 100% self-inflicted. 

I am not an employee.
New Poster

I pay my bills when I get BILLED.  If they deliberatley don't send one after I explicitely remind them to send them, then. 

If part of their business model is to add services and equipment to their customers' accounts hoping they won't notice, why wouldn't you demand a paper bill and read it every month before paying?  Seems like you're starting with the baseline assumption that this company is in any way ethical.

And given that the contract I had with them was month to month, there would be no penalty for breaking it. 

And if there were a penalty for breaking it, why wouldn't they say so and bill at the time of cancellation.

Official Employee

Hi ccarter9001, 

The information provided by Forums Expert @Nerdburg is correct. I'd like to help by reviewing your account to help further address your billing concerns. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your old account.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!