Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

First Month Charges To Be Waived According To On-Site Technician

Contributor

First Month Charges To Be Waived According To On-Site Technician

Almost 3 weeks ago I received my SIK (please refer to my other post) but that was no signal on the modem.

A field techician claimed to have come by a day before I received the kit just to make sure the wires were tapped hot

and that there was in fact signal going in to my home.

But another technician came by 2 days ago and found out that there was actually NO cable running in to my home.

Another visit by a Comcast technician, who will lay the wires underground, is scheduled as a result.

According to the field technician who dropped by 2 days ago, my internet charges could be deffered and the first month's fee which I have already been charged for

could be reimbursed due to this. He asked me to call Comcast but I have yet been able to get a hold of anyone by phone hence my message here.

Could an expert here please assist me with the deferred payment (until the wires will have been buried when I will get connection) and the reimbursement for the first month's internet fee which I have already been charged for (I have not had internet due to what has been mentioned above since my order 3 weeks ago)?

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: First Month Charges To Be Waived According To On-Site Technician

The charges for the months that I didn't get internet due to drop not being buried have been waived. 

Again, since no one answered here since I first posted this thread in August, I had to call many times myself for this.

According to the phone/chat support, they can only waive a maximum of $20 once. 

Overall, I am satisfied with the Billing Support Team in this regard, because never a time did they hestiate or were they being unwilling to do so once it was made clear to them that the issue that you have was beyond you. In my case, it was beyond me because the outside cable/drop was not buried or hooked up at all. 

All Replies
Contributor

Re: First Month Charges To Be Waived According To On-Site Technician

The charges for the months that I didn't get internet due to drop not being buried have been waived. 

Again, since no one answered here since I first posted this thread in August, I had to call many times myself for this.

According to the phone/chat support, they can only waive a maximum of $20 once. 

Overall, I am satisfied with the Billing Support Team in this regard, because never a time did they hestiate or were they being unwilling to do so once it was made clear to them that the issue that you have was beyond you. In my case, it was beyond me because the outside cable/drop was not buried or hooked up at all.