Community Forum

Fiber Node Guidelines

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Fiber Node Guidelines

I live in a non serviced Comcast area with inferior internet service. The franchise agreement is up and where is the competion? I am lucky to get 20-30mbps; paying for 150mbps. Does Comcast run fiber to fiber nodes that are within 1000 yards of service drop? I live in an underground subdivision with 2004 coax underground. Should this coax be replaced from each homes underground tombstone? Should fiber go to each tombstone? I have had Comcast at two different accounts in NH and was state of the art! It is not available where I live and might not ever be.? What are some of the guidelines, standards or specifications that Comcast adheres to? What should my cable company be delivering to me?

Admin1

Re: Fiber Node Guidelines

Hi johnbqbjw -- I can get you more information about extending service into your area. Please send me a PM with your name, address, and best contact information. I will forward this information to our serviceability team to assess your area.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.