Community Forum

Feedback on this "Watch a video of your updated bill"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Feedback on this "Watch a video of your updated bill"

First off, I got an email telling me to do this.  No, I don't care.  I understand my bill, and know how to research stuff if there is anything I don't udnerstand.  So I ignored it.

Then the next day, I got *another* email reminding me to watch this.  Very aggrevating, but I decide to watch it so I can stop getting this emails that are clogging up my inbox.

I go to watch it, and I am greeted wtih this personalized "Hi <my first name>!"  Wow was this incredibly creepy.  I do NOT like having a video know and use my name.  Furthermorethe "example" bill in the video was actually my bill.  Now I want to point out, I was not signed in when viewing this video, meaning anyone could theoretically watch it and see certain details about my account.

Comcast, you are an incredibly creepy, insecure company.  I do not like you, and I cannot wait until I have another high speed internet option in my area so I can get decent internet and ditch you completely.  You are a neccesary evil in my life.

Valued Contributor

Re: Feedback on this "Watch a video of your updated bill"

Are you sure this was a valid email from Comcast or a phishing email from some nefarious person/group?  Can you share the email header expanded?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Regular Visitor

Re: Feedback on this "Watch a video of your updated bill"

XFINITY My Account <online.communications@alerts.comcast.net>

That is the "from" address.

And the link didn't ask me for any information.  I suspect it was because I recently dropped my phone service in favor for a Google phone number (which I highly recommend - pay $50 for a OBi200 and then no monthly service fee, it simply goes through your internet connection), and so there were a bunch of changes and credits to my account (since I had just paid my bill).

Anyways, I see no reason to think this was not from Comcast.  It even brought me to Comcast's website (https://www.xfinity.com) with no certificate error.  Frankly looking at it again, the video header is quite condescending: "Understanding your bill
Bills can be a little complicated. We’re here to simplify the process and help you better understand your first Xfinity bill."

Keep in mind, this is not my first bill... I've been with Comcast for over 10 miserable years.  But I completely understand at this point their complete inability to do even the simplest task correctly.