Community Forum

Failing to fix an obvious mistake, giving poor information on fixes, and then trying to upsell me

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Failing to fix an obvious mistake, giving poor information on fixes, and then trying to upsell me

Hello there,

Over the last 3 weeks I've been attempting to get Xfinity to honor what I was told they were going to do for my account. A promotion had expired for TV + Internet (I've had TV for the last 4 years because it was always cheaper than internet... ive never plugged it in) on my account around June. When I talked with customer service at that point, there were no promotions near what I had previously been paying so they told me they would extend my current promotion for the year. The next month, I was back at the previous price I had been at.

However, the month after that I was no longer at the promotional price (nearly double). I contact customer service and they say "oh of course there has been a mistake, who would request only one month back at the original promotion?" For some reason they can't help, though, and someone needs to call me directly. I'm called three times during my working hours when I can't pick up. I call back attempting to get in touch, and am told I will get called back again... three weeks later and no call. 

After talking with another agent, I'm told I can get on a promotion for just internet that is around what I had previously paid. I'm given the customer loyalty number where the try to upsell me and tell me I can't get near the price I had originally had.

Wow. You've wasted probably around 3 hours of my time giving me the run around, failing to fix an obvious mistake, giving me poor information, and then trying to get me to pay more. What am I supposed to do at this point? I'm hoping someone here can actually review my account, see how obvious my issues are, and fix it without asking me to waste more time calling in.

Official Employee

Re: Failing to fix an obvious mistake, giving poor information on fixes, and then trying to upsel...

Hi AARes,

I'd be more than happy to help review your account. As the corporate digital care team, we primarily work through private message on social media to resolve concerns, so we won't need to speak with you.

In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!