Community Forum

Extremely annoyed with Comcast over the XG1v4, not a good start to a new customer relationship.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Extremely annoyed with Comcast over the XG1v4, not a good start to a new customer relationship.

I'm insanely annoyed with Comcast right now.  I signed up as a new customer for service at my new house 3 weeks ago.  Service was Installed 2/2.  I specifically asked if I was getting a 4k dvr because I wanted to watch the olympic 4k coverage.  I was told yes it would be the latest.

Tech shows up and has a non dvr box with him.  When I ask him he says we don't have a DVR on my account.  Having to agree to another $10/m that I thought was already included ($20 extra a month now for DVR and HD service?  In 2018.. ok), I asked him if this was going to get me 4k and he said yeah.  Well... it was an older XG1 and he said that was all he had.

So now I'm 3 weeks in,  was hoping to take advantage of the 4k olympic coverage I was told on multiple occasions that I would be able to watch and someone from Comcast over on Reddit told me the XG1v4 are out of stock and not avaliable.

Expert

Re: Extremely annoyed with Comcast over the XG1v4, not a good start to a new customer relationship.

With all the massive advertising for 4k for the Olympics; the typical and expected result has occurred.

Too few 4K DVRs were in the pipeline, not enough 4k trained installers, and not all service areas prepared for 4K, to handle the unexpected demand.

You needed more than 3 weeks lead time to be ready for viewing 4k Olympics. Comcast is most likely more upset about this current situation than you are.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Extremely annoyed with Comcast over the XG1v4, not a good start to a new customer relationship.

I'm sure it was too short of a window... but when as a customer I am shopping for new service for a new residence and am told I'll be good to go, it's frustating as I could have explored other options. 

Expert

@ wrote:

I'm sure it was too short of a window... but when as a customer I am shopping for new service for a new residence and am told I'll be good to go, it's frustrating as I could have explored other options. 

You are correct. It should not happen, but the reps. you are dealing with could quite possibly be out of the USA and they have no way to absolutely confirm what they told you. You probably have a few sales-people where you work who will say anything to close the deal, and not follow guide-lines they were trained for. It is bad for the company and worse for you the customer.

I don't happen to be able to watch the Winter Olympics in 4K either. I did get to watch the Rio Olympics in 4K on the Comcast "Ultra HD Sampler" app. I have been waiting for a stand-alone 4K cable-box and don't want a DVR. I can't complain though since it was my choice to skip the 4k DVR and gamble on the "Ultra HD Sampler"  being use as another option.

We win a few. We lose a few. The 4K Olympics is only supplied as "Recorded replays". Maybe they will still be there for people still waiting for equipment, or having set-up problems, in the coming days. Do't give up hope.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

mattsimmons, thanks for reaching out. I've seen your private message to Ella so I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

Official Employee

mattsimmons, glad we were able to resolve this for you on Reddit. Post again if you need anything else. 

KenF