Community Forum

Extra modem on my account "HELP"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Extra modem on my account "HELP"

So, when I was first installing my modem It didn't work. So after a bit of investigating I realized I was using a neighbors wifi instead of the one I had, so I switched wifi's and successfully installed my  modem, But now I noticed there are two modems under my account, one that is mine and the other I supect is my neighbors. So if anyone could help, how do I get the other modem that is not mine deleted from the "device" list under my account?

Official Employee

Re: Extra modem on my account "HELP"

Hi, Sosacm600 - I removed the second modem from the online view. I don't think it belongs to your neighbors since you didn't add it to your account. If you were using your neighbor's WiFi connection, it won't show up anywhere since you cannot see their account information.  Could you please check and let me know if you still see 2 modems under devices? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi, I just checked and you're right it isn't there anymore. I'm eternally grateful for your help, you have no idea how much stress and anxiety you just helped relieve. Once again, thank you.

Official Employee

@Sosacm600 - My pleasure! Feel free to reach us if you get any questions, we are happy to help. Happy Holidays!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!