Community Forum

Existing Customer Mishandle

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Existing Customer Mishandle

ComcastShane or any other Official Employee:

I opted for a TV/Internet deal a few years ago. I can't remember why since I have DISH satellite and have never unpacked the Xfinity set top box. The last "Legal Document" I agreed to was on July 9th 2013.

A few weeks ago I was helping my dad get his internet set-up and noticed AT&T has "AT@T internet 50" (Up to 50 MBPS) for $40 (stand alone price). I have "HSD Performance 55". My download speed is usually around 50 MBPS but I'm paying $110 per month! I know that includes TV ... but I don't want the TV service.  

I notice that Xfinity seems to punish their existing customers. I guess that's why there's a retention department. There was a similar situation on this thread last month. You were able to resolve the matter to the customer's satisfaction!

I'd like to drop the TV service and keep the internet at a speed that will keep me around 50 MBPS ... actual average download speed. I only have 2 devices but I do stream Netflix HD/4K.

"AT@T internet 100" is available in my area for $60 but I'd rather stick with Xfinity.  

I tried to send you a private message but clicking on your name and then on private message doesn't work. It only allows me to ask a question that goes out to the "Entire Community" or allows me to "Search the Community" so I didn't send private any private information about my account. 

Thanks. 
Expert

Re: Existing Customer Mishandle

Hello @dobe12

You can't directly message the employees without posting first. It's how the forums function. When an employee replies, they will ask you to send your account info via PM. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

I should add that a few years ago I was told I would get BLAST and speeds of up to 300 Mbps. I'm paying almost $110 p/m but my account doesn't mention BLAST and my speed is always around 50 Mbps. 

Official Employee

Hello dobe12, I can look into your available promotions and campaigns in your area for you so that you get the best deal possible. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I accidentally hit the resolved button. The matter has not been resolved.

Official Employee

dobe12 wrote: I accidentally hit the resolved button. The matter has not been resolved.

Please send me another private message with the information I requested in our last interaction via PM, we can pick up the conversation from there.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

dobe12 wrote: I see that Blast is included. I accepted. Thanks

I am glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you, have a good day.