Community Forum

Erroneous Returned Check and Late Fees

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Erroneous Returned Check and Late Fees

Like many others I see in this forum, I made a payment on-time, but am now seeing that it was "returned" and have now been charged a returned check fee and a late fee.  I verified with my bank that 1. I had plenty of funds in the account to cover the fee, and 2. Comcast made no attempt to charge the account.  

I verified that both the routing number and last 4 digits of the account number were correct, so I highly doubt there was an issue with the rest of the account number.  

Problem Solver

Re: Erroneous Returned Check and Late Fees

MEverett90,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. I have credited your account for the return fee and late fee. The credit will appear on your next billing statement. You can view the credit online within 24-72 hours. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

This happened to me 2 late charges and the a returned check How can this happen ?late twice on a payment made in advance. I want a full audit of my acct Starting with the credits we never received for no shows and late installation.Then the charge for the tech who claimed to drill a hole on Father's day A sunday in Utah really??! AND Father's day too .He never came or was scheduled to. But you charged me anyway.There is more! Do the audit and you will see.
Problem Solver

beersdadog,

I have credited your account for the 2 late fees, return check fee, and the no show technician. The credits will appear on your next billing statement. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

This issue is continuing at Comcast.  I was told that the issue was with my bank too.  Simply not true.  If the numbers are entered incorrectly, Comcast software should catch it.  I highly doubt I entered the wrong numbers twice.  Since Comcast consistently insisted it was the fault of the bank, and the bank and my accounts showing no returned checks,  I finally told Comcast that I was not going to hang up until they credited my account, and no - $50 won't cut it - return check fees, etc. totaling nearly $90 was finally credited.    Cost me two hours of my time to finally fix their mistake.  Cannot wait to leave them.

Official Employee

We're sorry you feel that way @emm1. I am glad you were taken care of with the credits you received. If you need any further assistance with your account or services, I can help. If needed, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.