Community Forum

Equipment rental fees

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Equipment rental fees

I have  been a loyal customer for 7+ years and been charged $25 monthly for equipment. So in total ive paid over $2100 for equipment. I wanted to know if it is possible for a customer to own the equipment or do fees have a cutt off, or do customers have to pay as long as they are customers to the TV/internet  service?

Expert

Re: Equipment rental fees

@frjackson8377 wrote:

I have  been a loyal customer for 7+ years and been charged $25 monthly for equipment. So in total ive paid over $2100 for equipment. I wanted to know if it is possible for a customer to own the equipment or do fees have a cutt off, or do customers have to pay as long as they are customers to the TV/internet  service?

You can't own Comcast equipment, but you can buy your own modem.  Otherwise you continue to pay equipment fees.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Silver Problem Solver

You can purchase a Tivo for your TV service.

New Poster

i will be seeking legal advice soon..
Expert

@frjackson8377 wrote:
i will be seeking legal advice soon..

For?  Equipment fees are discussed in your contract.  Comcast isn't a "rent to own" company.  If you don't want to pay rental fees, you can buy most equipment from retailers.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.