Community Forum

Equipment Issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Equipment Issue

I've been having an issue for over one year with a piece of equipment, a digital converter, that I do not have.  I was billed $5.95 a month for all of 2017 for this piece of equipment that I did not use or have.  After numerous calls to Comcast I was able to get the equipment charge removed and it was acknowledged that I was not using this converter, but I did not receive a  refund.  Now my bill shows that I have unreturned equipment that I need to return.  I cannot do this because I do not have this piece of equipment.  I believe I turned this item in when I made a service change in January 2017, but I did not retain any paper receipts and Comcast does not have a record of having the equipment.  Not only have I already been charged about $70 for something that I did not use or possess, but I fear now that I will be charged again when someday I move or cancel my service.   How do I get this monkey of my back?  I'm tired of calling and getting a run around.

I contacted my township, but they also did not help and advised me to contact the Michigan Public Service Commission.

Official Employee

Re: Equipment Issue

Hello hankster9999. I can assist with researching your account for the unreturned equipment on your bill and work to get this resolved. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.