Community Forum

Ended my no-contract service, got a bill for ETF’s!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ended my no-contract service, got a bill for ETF’s!

Hello Xfinity Forums,

Recently, we finally cut the cord the cord. I switched to YouTube TV and DirecTV Now. It’s the same price as my Xfinity service, but doesn’t contain $130 worth of monthly fees and taxes. I’m extremely happy with my new service, but I’m not so happy with Comcast business practices. I was supposed to get a $50 refund, but instead, I had to pay $150 extra. I never signed up for a contract ever. I’ve always paid for our service and I’ve always thought it was too expensive. Can someone from the support team please address this issue and issue my $50 refund and refund the fees I paid. If a solution isn’t meet, I’ll never get Xfinity service again. When I move, I always put internet options as a requirement, and if more than 2 decent providers aren’t available, I won’t move there. This is unacceptable to treat a customer like this.

Official Employee

Re: Ended my no-contract service, got a bill for ETF’s!

Hello Koenigjay. I can assist with reviewing your recent cancelled cable and minimum term agreement details, so we can determine if the Early Termination Fees are invalid. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.