Community Forum

Early termination when Comcast broke contract?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Early termination when Comcast broke contract?

I haven’t had much luck with telephone reps, they’ve been more than rude and have bluntly refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor.
I have heard the speak-you pay for a service, not the channels, ect.
My points are:
1) at the time of sign up I was NOT informed that my channels could change. When I told an agent this, she said-‘You wouldn’t be informed, but we sent out emails notifying you of the channel line up .’
2) At the time of sign up I was provided a list of channels that came with my package. Those channels were spelled out, in writing, as part of my plan with no notice they could change.
To get the channels I originally signed up for is a $20 increase, yet Comcast is holding me to the package price I signed up for, without the promised channels

This violates so many fair trade practices it’s ridiculous. Comcast withheld information from me regarding the contract, Comcast was not truthful in their contract, and Comcast promised services in the contract they fail to deliver, yet are charging me for ETF or more money for the channels taken.

I just want to cancel Comcast without an ETF.
Regular Contributor

Re: Early termination when Comcast broke contract?

dos not work like that  if  you  cancel  your contract   be for it is  up  you will be charged  a Early termination fee

New Poster

You’re saying Comcast can break their contract but I can’t?
Besides, if Comcast didn’t make it clear at sign up that the channels were subject to change, the contract is null and void. And they didn’t.
If you sign a contract for a car lease and it specifies miles, can the company then limit the miles later in the contract and say-oh, we didn’t inform you at signing, but we sent a notice. If you cancel your lease, you must pay fees.’
No, they can’t and this is no different.
Expert

@Me92 wrote:
You’re saying Comcast can break their contract but I can’t?
Besides, if Comcast didn’t make it clear at sign up that the channels were subject to change, the contract is null and void. And they didn’t.
If you sign a contract for a car lease and it specifies miles, can the company then limit the miles later in the contract and say-oh, we didn’t inform you at signing, but we sent a notice. If you cancel your lease, you must pay fees.’
No, they can’t and this is no different.
From the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES
Subject to applicable law, Comcast has the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations.

So, if you cancel your contract, you will pay an Early Termination Fee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Well, looks like everyone should just pay their crooked early termination fees, then all get together & sue them for breach of contract! I’ve never heard or seen anything about this either! I’ve had nothing but trouble from this co. since day 1 that’s just for starters. If I sued them for just the time that I’ve wasted every single month over the phone they’d owe me a lot more than their Early Termination Fees! Hon, u can call your bank & make sure they don’t take another dime out of your bank account, with or without your prior approval! Just a lil FYI, Xfinity! Quit harassing people & saying u can take something that doesn’t belong to u! I know the laws very well, I don’t think your co. would be interested in any legal action with any client or ex-client, especially if they’ve been through half the stuff I go through with u people every month!