Community Forum

Early termination fee

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Early termination fee

I recently moved out of the Xfinity service area and got the wonderful suprise that I owed an early termination fee.  Of course like everyone else it seems.  Anyway, after 5 years I was under the impression that I was no loner in the contract and wouldn't have a fee anyway.  Last November I had upgraded to the X1 service when I received a promotion card in the mail from Comcast.   The card stated and the service rep also agreed that this upgrade would not change my service terms.  After receiving the ETF bill I now find out that the upgrade did put me in a brand spanking new 24 month agreement.  It is absurd to have to pay an ETF for moving, especially when you have been a good customer for that many years.  The rep was nice when I upgraded but either lied or didn't know that a new contract was being formed and never verbally told me that a new contract was in place.  To me, how can I be held against something I never actually agreed to. I was told no fee, and no contract extension.  I knew I was moving and wouldn't have changed my service if I was properly infomed.  Digging through the polices and agreements it does not specifially (that I can find without a lawer) say anything about moving as being an exemption to the ETF, but being placed back into an unknown contract just isn't right.  

Expert

Re: Early termination fee

By using the service you basically agreed to a contract.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees [ETFs] please read the sticky FAQ located here.

Please note that Early Termination Fees are expressly addressed in your Terms of Service Contract.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

They must inform you of a contract. If they insist you owe contact your attorney general or the FCC. They are the agencies that oversee
New Poster

How can I basically agree to something I was told would not apply? From many posts it seems that what a phone rep tells you doesn't matter. The link you posted is to another forum. Do you have a link to the actual agreement?
Expert

bainer32 wrote:
How can I basically agree to something I was told would not apply? From many posts it seems that what a phone rep tells you doesn't matter. The link you posted is to another forum. Do you have a link to the actual agreement?

Did you follow the steps nerdburg posted to see your agreement?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Care to point to where I would find what my termination fee would be? There doesn't appear to be anything in this list which would include that info.

snip_20180120235659.png

Official Employee

Hello @yc14. I can assist with reviewing your service for an agreement. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.