Community Forum

Early Termination Fee for Moving

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Early Termination Fee for Moving

My wife and I have been with Comcast for almost 12 years now. My wife recently got a new job opportunity in Chile where her family is from, and so we are moving there. Comcast doesn't service Chile or else we would be moving our services to our new home. So, we have to disconnect our services, but we're being charged a $170.00 early termination fee. We're just asking Comcast to waive the termination fee as we already have so many other expense with moving, but the technician told me they were unable to help me. Shouldn't there be exceptions made when people move to an area where Comcast doesn't provide service?

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Early Termination Fee for Moving

Mattc3425 wrote:

My wife and I have been with Comcast for almost 12 years now. My wife recently got a new job opportunity in Chile where her family is from, and so we are moving there. Comcast doesn't service Chile or else we would be moving our services to our new home. So, we have to disconnect our services, but we're being charged a $170.00 early termination fee. We're just asking Comcast to waive the termination fee as we already have so many other expense with moving, but the technician told me they were unable to help me. Shouldn't there be exceptions made when people move to an area where Comcast doesn't provide service?

Unfortunately, if you're in a contract and you have to cancel service, you will be charged an ETF, even when moving to an area where Comcast doesn't provide service.

For information regarding Early Termination Fees [ETFs] please read the sticky FAQ located here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

New Poster

Re: Early Termination Fee for Moving

Yes, we are in a similar situation and it seems incredibly unfair!