Community Forum

ETF charge. I still have your service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

ETF charge. I still have your service

I moved from Georgia to Tennessee. Was forced by Comcast to close GA account and open a new TN account, because according to your representatives services can not be moved across state lines. I’ve spent three months now trying to get the ETF fee removed from my Georgia account. I’m still a customer and intend on remaining one. Please fix my old account and send me an updated statement.
You’re also attempting to charge me for the time period in which my account was on seasonal hold. I called Feb 19th to put my account on hold effective Feb 28. I should not have been charged anything until services were activated at my new home on Mar 30.
Expert

Re: ETF charge. I still have your service

@takirkus wrote:
I moved from Georgia to Tennessee. Was forced by Comcast to close GA account and open a new TN account, because according to your representatives services can not be moved across state lines. I’ve spent three months now trying to get the ETF fee removed from my Georgia account. I’m still a customer and intend on remaining one. Please fix my old account and send me an updated statement.
You’re also attempting to charge me for the time period in which my account was on seasonal hold. I called Feb 19th to put my account on hold effective Feb 28. I should not have been charged anything until services were activated at my new home on Mar 30.

Seasonal hold has a minimum of 90 days.

Although I don't know for sure, because of the erroneous seasonal hold, it may be the reason why your account in TN was canceled before your contract was up resulting in the ETF.

I will escalate this to the Team available to the Forum.  They will respond to you here.  Please do not PM an Official Employee without a request as it is against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: ETF charge. I still have your service

Hi, takirkus - I can address your billing concern. Please send me your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!