Community Forum

ELDERLY SHOULD GET DISCOUNT ON COMCAST

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

ELDERLY SHOULD GET DISCOUNT ON COMCAST

ELDERLY SHOULD GET DISCOUNT ON SERVICES

Comcast would be wise to consider this suggestion.

I am elderly and on a limited income.  There are millions just like me, they are elderly and love TV and movies but can't afford the high price of have additional charges.

As our society is becoming more , and more elderly you have a very large constituency to draw from.  I know many of my friends would love to have the movie channels but can't afford it.  The way the prices keep going up every year, there will be a time in the near future that I probably wouldn't be able to renew my movie channels.  I live on a limited income that does not go up every year..

I challenge Comcast to consider this innovative new way to get more people to sign up.  I mean a big discount!  You could even consider charges based on income.  In the end you would make money, not lose money because there are millions out there who can't afford to have your expensive bundles.  More people who have the services makes the cost come down.

It is the Amercian way of doing business, right?

MEG 80 and counting

Problem Solver

Re: ELDERLY SHOULD GET DISCOUNT ON COMCAST

Hello megon_fit,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Your feedback helps us improve on the services that we provide.

I have forwarded your concerns for consideration. I assure you that we take all suggestions seriously and we are continuously working to increase customer satisfaction with our services. We strive to deliver a great experience to every customer, and we hope that your future experiences with our services are more favorable. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out.

New Poster

This is meant to be constructive criticism:

I would like to see Comcast develop a program of procedures and policies for dealing with elderly customers.

My mom passed recently and the worst company to deal with through all of this was Comcast.

The bill was in her name and my poor dad had no idea what to do.

I had to drag him (he's 88) in person to an office with a copy of her death certificate to change the bill to his name.

(BTW, I have financial and medical POA for him). Why would this procedure take close to 2 weeks?

In my opinion, a spouse should always have authority to call for billing and service issues.

Also, some super zealous sales person sold them a whole bunch of packages they would never use.

(STOP taking advantage of elderly customers.)

Eventually I stumbled across a customer service person who epitomized customer service and we got everything sorted.

Some suggestions:

1) Have an eldery-priced package for TV with the most common channels (my dad usually watches the stations with older programming - like The Rifleman and Lassie :-)).

2) Allow designated children to be on the account to handle billing and service issues. Also, allow this person’s email address to be used on this account even though their email address is associated to another Comcast account. (This happened to me - I manage dad’s finances and pay his bills. I had to create another email address just to get around this quirk.)

I think that Comcast is getting better at customer service, however, I think they need to really investigate how to best serve the elderly.

Eventually I stumbled across a customer service person who epitomized customer service and we got everything sorted.

Some suggestions:

1) Have an eldery-priced package for TV with the most common channels (my dad usually watches the stations with older programming - like The Rifleman and Lassie :-)).

2) Allow designated children to be on the account to handle billing and service issues. Also, allow this persons email address to be used on this account even though their email address is associated to another Comcast account. (This happened to me - I manage dads finances and pay his bills. I had to created another email address just to get around this quirk.)

I think that Comcast is getting better at customer service, however, I think they need to really investigate how to best serve the elderly.

Official Employee
Moved: