Community Forum

Dropping channels

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Dropping channels

So recently changed my service, to try and keep comcast, but save on my monthly bill.  Now they are dropping more channels.  Have been a comcast customer over 25 years and this is how you treat customers?  Looks like it may be time to cut the cable.  I feel your customer service has gone out the window.  You would think with so much streaming, you would want to give more to keep your customers, but that doesnt seem to be the case.  Long standing customers should be getting breaks and special pricing, not less service.  So disappointed

New Poster

Re: Dropping channels

It's also horrible practice to drop channels without letting customers know in a 'friendly' way. Unless there is a difference in monthly fees I don't look at the bill.

Email this information.

Notifying customers of these changes in the bill is rather passive agressive when we get many emails from comcast about other information.

Did a chat session with customer service asking about this and an upgrade offer was proposed resulting in approximately $30/month increase in fees.

A follow up phone call the following day to customer service again asking about dropped channels to which the rep stated, yes several channels were dropped. During that call an upgrade of $12/month was offered.

Nope.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dropping channels

If you want to put the blame on all parties responsible, you should contact the networks as well. They often try and renogotiate their deals, or ask for more because they have a popular show. When this happens, providers either drop them, or move to a higher tier to counter balance. Most people look at their bill, and overall, this is the eaisest way to hit all customers impacted with the information. If they did a mass e-mail, it would go to customers it did not affect.