Community Forum

Drastic price increase and intermittent service for long time customer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Drastic price increase and intermittent service for long time customer

I've been with Comcast for a very long time (10+ years) outside of a brief period where I lived in a non-service-area and used another provider for a year.  Recently I had a promotion end and my price per month for internet skyrocketed to $90.

I've called customer service several times to request a new promotion, but they claim there's nothing available that they can do for me.  

Aside from that, my neighbors and I have been experiencing sporadic intermittency in our internet connection over the past month.  The connection will seemingly randomly drop out for 10-15 minutes.  Customer service simply walks us through the "restart your modem and your router, that didn't work? Okay, I'll remote reset" and by the time we've gone through the whole back-and-forth, the service is back and no progress is ever made.

Between the two of these items, I'm really considering an alternative provider.  I've never had problems with Comcast in the past, but paying $90 per month for service that drops out frequently is pretty frustrating.

Official Employee

Re: Drastic price increase and intermittent service for long time customer

Hi chaquiseman, I can assist going over current promotions with you along with the signals going to your modem.  Can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you