Community Forum

Downgrading package

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Downgrading package

Would like to find out pricing for double play- internet & phone. All of this has become too expensive. Comcast just wants people to upgrade. That is easy to find.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Downgrading package

Yeah, you can conveniently add anything on to your account online. But even though it would be just as easy to let us remove services online we sadly have to call, wait on hold for an hour, then try to argue with someone with an accent we can't understand (no offense). What happened to "We should fit into your life, not the other way around?"
Problem Solver

Hello birkybug,

I am sorry to hear about your billing concerns. 

I will be sending you a private message to further assist you. You can click on my name ComcastDawn and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. 

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Yes Melancholy you are so right. We are pulled in, become customers & then are not treated with respect for our time & are socked with a penalty for wanting to downsize. I cringe when I know I have to call & hope I don't reach an accent. It's Comcast's fault not theirs.

Regular Visitor

I just called to downgrade also to a double play.  It will cost me $10 more a month.  Go figure. 

Problem Solver

Hello Cfalta,

Are you in need of assistance? If so please reply and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

You can't even downgrade online anymore. Getting help with Customer Service is a joke! I wonder how much help I get if i don't pay my bill!