Community Forum

Downgrading Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Downgrading Service

I am in a situation that I cannot afford $150 a month for one TV and Internet.  It's the highest bill I have after my mortgage payment.  I need to downgrade services to decrease my monthly spending. Again, I only have one receiver/DVR/XFinity and internet connection.  I am willing to downgrade both services as needed to decrease my bill.  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Official Employee

Re: Downgrading Service

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

Hi Shane.  I wasn't notified of your reply, otherwise I would have responded sooner.  I tried to send a private message to provide the information you requested, but it's not allowing me to do so.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify the first and last name of the primary account holder with me? also, I would need the phone number linked to the account, and the full service address of the account, including house number, street name and any unit or apartment number. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

As my previous message said, I seem to be unable to send a "private message".  When I click on your name, I see the option to "send message" and it brings me to a page where there is a field to type a message, but it will not allow me to type.  So I am unsure of how to get you the information you need.

Official Employee

Hello lorinlambert, can you see if you can private message one more time? If not, I will send you a private message. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, I still can't send a private message.  It brings me to the page and the field is there to type into, but it doesn't allow me to type. Please send me a private message and I will confirm all of my account details for you. 

Official Employee

Hello lorinlambert, let's see if you can respond to this.

Regular Visitor

Oh, I left off zip code.  Fishers - 46037

Expert

@lorinlambert wrote:

Oh, I left off zip code.  Fishers - 46037

You need to click on ComcastShane's name in order to send a Private Message.  You posted your information in the open forum where everybody can see it, including everyone on the internet.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

I am still unable to send a private message.  I even tried through a different browser.  It opens a window but there is no where to actually type a message.  What am I missing?

Expert

@lorinlambert wrote:

I am still unable to send a private message.  I even tried through a different browser.  It opens a window but there is no where to actually type a message.  What am I missing?

@ComcastShane can you check and see why @lorinlambert isn't able to send you a PM, please?

Thanks

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello lorinlambert, try replying to this message. 

Regular Visitor

If I hit reply, like last time, I am just able to reply publicly within the forum.  I cannot send a private message for whatever reason.  I don't understand why this is so difficult.

Regular Visitor

Attached is a screenshot of the screen that pops up when I select "send message" while hovering over your name. There is no where to type a message. The bar towards the bottom doesn't allow for entering text. I am completely stumped as to how to send a private message on here.
Comcast_PrivateMessage Screen.png