Community Forum

Downgrade TV Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Downgrade TV Service

I have had X1 Premier Triple Play Service for about 3 years now. However, it has become very expensive and many of the TV channels (e.g. all of the premium channels) we never watched. I tried to find a package online, which would keep all of our favorite channels, but without all of the premium channels, but I could not find any information.  

I wish Comcast had better information as to the various options. 

Expert

Re: Downgrade TV Service

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

WH1, I can take a look at our options too see what we can do about downgrading your TV service. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Ken, private messaging has been disabled for new Forum members. How can I contact you in a different way?

ComcastKenF wrote:

WH1, I can take a look at our options too see what we can do about downgrading your TV service. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

Official Employee

That is the only way to get your account information via the forums. I'm working on getting you access. Please give me a few minutes. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

ComcastKenF wrote:

That is the only way to get your account information via the forums. I'm working on getting you access. Please give me a few minutes. 

KenF

should work now. If you message the customer they should be able to reply immediately.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I sent private messages to ComcastKen. How do I get replies?

Expert

WH1 wrote:

I sent private messages to ComcastKen. How do I get replies?

Hi, you will receive an email and when you log in to the forum there will be a 'number" above the 'mail' icon.

Official Employee

Thank you Wolfgang, I do have a Starter Triple Play starting at $94.99 for 12 months. I would be happy to break this out for you. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Please give me details. I would appreciate it.

Best regard

Wolfgang

ComcastShane wrote:

Thank you Wolfgang, I do have a Starter Triple Play starting at $94.99 for 12 months. I would be happy to break this out for you. 

Official Employee

Thank you Wolfgang, this would be the only promotion I can offer to get you a cheaper rate. Please see below.

• X1 Starter Triple Play: 1 Year Agreement

Service Includes:

• Digital Starter and Streampix for primary outletBlast InternetVoice Unlimited for $94.99 per month for 12 months. 
  • X1 Receiver x3 at $9.95 each totaling $29.85 per month (I left these is since you already have them).
  • X1 Cloud DVR for $10.0 per month.
  • HD technical fee for $9.95 per month. 
  • Modem rental for $11.00 per month.

Total would be $155.79 per month for 12 months excluding taxes and fees. 

The offer you selected is eligible for a $5 monthly discount during the term of this Agreement if you enroll in EcoBill® paperless billing and automatic payments through Comcast's self-service online tool via www.xfinity.com/ecobill. The discount will appear on your bill within 45 days of enrolling in EcoBill paperless and automatic payments. If either EcoBill paperless or automatic payments is subsequently canceled during the term of this Agreement, the $5 monthly discount will be removed automatically.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Do you have a channel comparison of the Starter vs. Premier. If the starter gives up the premium channels only, I will take it. If there are any others missing in the Starter, I would like to reconsider.

Official Employee

WH1, here you can compare the differences between Digital Starter and Digital Premier: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup. 

There are a few non premium channel differences between the two. Let's continue the rest of this conversation in private message. 

KenF