Community Forum

Don't trust Customer Service; double check your bills.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Don't trust Customer Service; double check your bills.

I just signed up with the Devi...I mean Comcast, a few days ago. I do not plan to be with Comcast for more than two months now. Going to tether from my phone instead.

I'll try to make my story susinct.

Wed: Hooked up my own modem. Called and registered my modem. Tech support couldn't detect it. Figured they hadn't turned on my service yet.

Thurs: No service. Called again. Couldn't detect my modem. They scheduled someone to look at the pole for Friday.

Fri: No service. Called and was told that no one came yet. Asked for local customer service. Was told someone DID come out. Scheduled another tech for next Wednesday. Instead of waiting, I went out to Comcast's box on the side of my house. Opened both sides. Cable not plugged in. Connected cable...SERVICE!

Sat: Looked at bill. FAILED HSD SIK $49.50 (for technician to come out). W.T.F?!?! A bill for them to do nothing, if they even came out at all? Called customer service. They only wanted to remove half. I want to be credited the FULL amount plus 49.50 for doing their job. Also, Comcast is responsible for everything until it enters your home. They should not be charging anybody for that. Finally they did agree to waive the fee.

If you've had a similar experience, I recommend contacting the BBB. That is my next stop.