Community Forum

Diversified Consultants Collections

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Diversified Consultants Collections

I recently shifted from Comcast internet to ATT fiber.  I returned my equipment and paid a final bill with no issues, etc.  A couple of weeks ago, I started receiving debt collection from Diversified Consultants (DCI) on the behalf of Comcast.  I confirmed with Comcast that I owe them nothing.  These people kept calling, I would not comfirm my address or last 4 SSN, and asked them what they had, it was correct.  How did they get that personal information?  Did Comcast provide it to them?  They said Comcast, why would they do that?  Do they sell our personal info?  Do they get a commission on the scam?  Who do I complain to?  

John

Official Employee

Re: Diversified Consultants Collections

Hi John, I apologize for your experiences after closing your account. I can submit this to the right team to assist accordingly and will send you a private message confirming the best contact information for you.

Thank you

New Poster

I am having similar issues. Except I can't get in contact with anybody at Comcast to deal with this. I never saw a charge go onto my account for missing equipment, but I got letters in the mail from Comcast and collections, (sent to my old adress, so I couldn't get them for months). I can't figure out how to deal with this problem and I am extremely upset. I'm worried this will affect my credit.

Official Employee

Cay_Mi, I understand your concerns and I'd like to get to the bottom of what the collection agency is reporting. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

New Poster

I am having a very similar issue and it is affecting my credit score! I see that I owe diversified consulta $144 and the original creditor is COMCAST. I cannot find this charge anywhere so I can't pay it off if it is real and I assume it is not since I returned all of my equipment and do not have a balance on comcast/xfinity online account. Please help! 

Expert

lnoesen wrote:

I am having a very similar issue and it is affecting my credit score! I see that I owe diversified consulta $144 and the original creditor is COMCAST. I cannot find this charge anywhere so I can't pay it off if it is real and I assume it is not since I returned all of my equipment and do not have a balance on comcast/xfinity online account. Please help! 

Were you in a contract at the time you canceled your service?  If so, and you didn't pay it, that would account for the $144.00.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

Official Employee

Hi lnoesen,

I can help with your billing concerns. I can review your old account to confirm exactly where the charges came from, and whether or not you were in a contract. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.