Community Forum

Discounts for Disabled and Seniors

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Discounts for Disabled and Seniors

Does Comcast offfer disounts for disabled seniors?  I can BARELY get by with what I pay to Comcast. I know ATT does... do I have to switch back? 

New Poster

Re: Discounts for Disabled and Seniors

I agree, I think there should ba some form of assistance for disabled on a fixed income. My goodness, being disabled is hard enough, and for me TV is a large part of my day as I cant get out as much as I wish I could, but the prices are so expensive. I feel it is unfair to take advantage of us, we are really stuck in between a rock and a hard place. I have only Comcast for my service choice, so I will have to continue with Comcast. Please, consider how hard it is on a financial level, and make some allowance for those who are disabled and in poverty. Thank you...

Problem Solver

Call & ask  the Billing Dept. to mail you information & application for senior (&disabled) discounts.

Discounts are likely limited to certain service levels, or portion of a bundle that qualifies, so don't expect a discount for Prefered super+ bundle packages.

But also Compare "down-sized" bundled packages available, as some bundles may be a better price/content overall,  than combining a senior discount applied to some of your services and normal bundled price on your other services.

Highlighted
New Poster

I read in The Oregonian about three months or so ago that seniors would be given about a $9.95 charge for basic service by Comcast. Nothing has happened so far. I have no idea why the announcement was made if they didn't put it there! I'm in the same boat and about to bail due to poor service and bills that are too high plus breaking contracts!!!!

New Poster

There is nothing really affordable bundle or not! I've checked it all. Waaaay too expensive for anything they have! Basic is first level, and it's too much for someone on poverty income. I know. I've checked.

Problem Solver

SInce you mentioned "The Oregonian",  if you are in the general Portland area, 

Limited Basic tv cable & Economy Internet for aprox $45 /mo.  

Limited Basic tv cable & Performance Internet for aprox  $65 /mo.

http://www.mhcrc.org/content.asp?n=pro&s=pro_rates

(east portland or west portland areas )

New Poster

Then why was the $9.95 in the newspaper? It either is or is not. I have tried to get answers before. Yours does not explain enough. I cannot afford costs as shown in your note. I am now working with the corporate office regaridng several items of concern.

thanks.

Regular Visitor

Requesting info on,discounts for seniors and disabled Vet.please email alll info,and forms to the *********** a.s.a.p

Problem Solver

tradewell-

I removed your email to protect your identity and I will also have someone contact about this discount.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Problem Solver

@shutterbuglinds

the $9.95/month is for "Comcast Internet Essentials".

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-broadband-opportunity-program/

http://www.internetessentials.com/  

it's was a 1.5meg internet connection, 

but has been reported that it's been raised to a 5meg connection now.

New Poster

ComcastLarry,

Why is this info such a secret?  I have been struggling yet have seen/heard this advertisement on other peoples television -- I only have Internet.

I have looked for it multiple times and just this morning found this forum

I hate calling in due to the high pressure sales tactics as I cannot afford to be suckered into a cheaper package that will simply increase well out of my means in 3 or 6 months.
  Comcast should be ashamed of how they treat disabled and poverty level people.

Mister D

New Poster

To dj280

I thank you for posting that, and I could only hope that Comcast offers a program that Seniors and Disabled can take advantage of. The one you posted with a price of $9.95 per month, is only for those with a school aged child in the home.

Mister D

Gold Problem Solver

I posted the information you were looking for in your other Thread.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/Comcast-to-start-new-Low-income-program/m-p/2138636#M44782

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.