Community Forum

Defective gateway letter

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Defective gateway letter

I received an email & mailed letter on11-30 that my Gateway was defective & replacement was being sent. I called the 800 number on the email & was told that the email was sent in error by a very rude employee. Was then told he would let his superiors know that those letters were going out in error again. Today I check my email & I have an order from Xfinity that is arriving tomorrow. I am guessing it’s the modem since I have not ordered/changed a thing with my service. I’m not happy. I called to find out what was wrong with the modem. I was worried after reading about my modem typed being hacked & signals going through an utopia. Net. So why was I told to ignore the letter but new equipment is being sent to my home. Getting tired of rude employees wasting my time & lying to me. What is wrong with the DPC 3941T gateway & do I have to worry that my network was being rerouted? Thanks