Community Forum

Deceptive sales practices

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Deceptive sales practices

I was contacted in June by a Comcast sales rep he offered me too enter into a new package because my contract was ending to basically get into a new contract I said no I’ll just wait and he said what about if I Zero out your balance I asked what gives you the authority to do that how can you do that he said I’m a sales rep my name is Brian Young From Arizona I can do that for you if you enter into a contract I said OK I entered into a new package but then a few weeks later my balance had remained I called Comcast back I got a rep who said they don’t do that here at Comcast the sales rep was not supposed to do that if anything they can pull the call, we discuss that the sales rep called me on June 3 and I asked him if the rep knows that he’s not supposed to do that why would he adamantly keep saying that over the phone are you sure the call is recorded it because he repeated over and over again and why would he do that if he would lose his job or get in trouble the rep said I guarantee you that all the calls are recorded and I’m not sure why he would do such a thing She said she was going to transfer it over to her supervisor to handle no one call me back I called them back they said they’re still looking into it the most they can do is give me a $25 credit while they’re looking into it, then my services were disconnected I call back and spoke to a representative she said they have pulled the call the person will be reprimanded but there’s nothing they can do they cannot honor that because they’re not supposed to ever do that I asked could I cancel the contract then because I entered into the contract based on what he promised and she said yes you can can’t cancel the contract because it’s within 60 days you won’t get any fees you can do that but we can’t reverse it so I asked for her supervisor spoke to the supervisor she said they have not pulled the call yet they’re still waiting but she can reconnect my services until Its resolved, supervisor Candace called me back yesterday saying there’s nothing they can do about it they can not pull sales call all of a sudden and if I tried to cancel they’re going to charge me an early termination fee I said that is illegal that is deceptive sales practices for him to promise that to me I Entered into the contract based on this promise I should not be charged a fee she saying there’s nothing they can do I’ve asked to speak to her manager, haven’t received a call me back , This has been going on for over a week, waiting on them to pull a call they claim they could never pull, seems like a lot of dishonesty is going on so I don’t know what else to do but I really want to disconnect the service and I don’t think I should have have to pay an early termination fee when I entered into the contract based on his promise