Community Forum

Debt Collections

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Debt Collections

I was sent to AFNI debt collections i'm wondering what I can do to make payments to have this not effect my credit score , and get it paid off and reactivate my comcast account some help would be appreciated.... Thanks...

Official Employee

Re: Debt Collections

Hi creedgamingx, 

I can help provide more information for you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number or account number associated with the account in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Debt Collections

On every collection letter it is stated that you have 30 days to dispute the debt  (FDCPA),809b) , many people don't know that you have good defenses about defending yourself if the debt is not accurate or invalid (validation of debt)

send out a letter (preferably CMRR) and the debt becomes not valid and the CA has to send it back to the original creditor. 

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a section of the consumer credit protection act that aims to promote fairness in the collection of consumer debts and provide a way for clarifying and challenging debt information to ensure its validity.