Community Forum

Damage Claim - No Updates

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Damage Claim - No Updates

Hello - I had been having a lot of problems with the cable box in my bedroom.  Constantly freezing or not connecting.  I have replaced the box twice, called customer service multiple times, and finally they scheduled a tech to come to my house.  The tech came on April 23rd to fix the issue.  I was at work at the time, however my brother was at the house when they arrived.  The tech was with an apprentice.  They went to my room and starting looking at the issue.  They were able to get the box to connect, however there was no sound when the channels came back on.  They tried to fix the issue, however soon came out to tell my brother that the TV won't turn on now.  Don't know what they did, but the TV wouldn't turn on after being on and working fine for years.  They gave him their card and left.

When I got home, I looked at the TV and it wouldn't turn on.  It was plugged in, the breaker wasn't tripped, everything power-wise was working.  It wouldn't turn on.  I called the tech and asked what happened.  He said they were trying to fix the volume, turned the TV off and then it wouldn't turn back on.  Never has happened before.  He said he noted in his report that the TV wouldn't turn back on when they were working on it.  I called in to Customer Service to report and submit a damage claim.  The first person I spoke with didn't understand the issue and then tried to get me to upgrade my service.  I finally spoke with someone else and they advised that they had noted my report and claim and someone would contact me.  This was on April 23rd and I have not received a word since then.  I tried to contact via chat but after 45 minutes of back and forth was told to call customer service. 

I need to get this resolved ASAP.  My TV has not worked for a month, and thus my cable hasn't been utilized.  My TV needs to be repaired/replaced and I haven't been able to use my cable in my room since.  Please have someone contact me ASAP.

Matt

Expert

Re: Damage Claim - No Updates

Hey Matt,

I have my doubts Comcast is going to replace your TV. Smiley Sad Powering it off isn't negligence or even an accident - it's just normal operation of an appliance. If you can get it in writing from a TV repair person that Comcast was directly responsible for the damage, you might have a case though. Anyhow...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Hope you get a new TV! 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi Shane,

Just sent you a PM.  Thanks.